We develop this teaching project in very remote areas where the living standard is low but the traditions are rich, and where there are hard-working people who are very positive and have a firm belief in a good life. These places need our help to make improvement. At the moment, YESD is designing a program in Tha village to help build capacity for local people, especially the children who have difficulty accessing proper education, English language training, and life skills. This experience is valuable for each volunteer and their support could contribute to ensure sustainable development in the hill tribes. From our activities, students can broaden their knowledge and enhance their language ability through non-formal teaching method. Volunteers play an import role in our project, and the knowledge you transmit to local people could be the precious materials to fully develop their ideas for developing their hometown.
- English for kids: age from 6-13
- Adults and youth: Who are willing to be English tour guides and love to improve their English by interacting more with our native teachers. We have trained Thon Tha Agriculture and Responsible Tourism Cooperative since 2015, beginning with 12 members. Most of them are adults and farmers, had never touched English before. We are proud of them who tried their best to reach a better life by studying English. They are YESD local English guides, homestay hosts and driving tour guides now.
Make a positive impact
Visit a remote village
Where will you stay
What will you eat?
- Going to farm and experiencing local life
- Visiting homestays and helping with their daily life
- Providing English classes for local kids.
- Organizing outdoor activities with children
- Playing the role of “tourists” so children can practice being a tour guide. They will take you around so in your free time, you can discover surrounding landscapes. You can rent a motorbike or take a bike from your homestay to go around.
- You will have 2 free days to travel around by yourself. Traveling fees will not be included in this project costs.
- Pre-departure advice
- Full orientation of project and surrounding areas.
- Homestay with local people
- All meals (traditional food).
- Transportation to project site (you can borrow bicycle from your homestay family)
- Vietnamese supporter
- Administration fee
- Plane ticket
- Travel visa
- Other personal expenses during the stay
- Travelling costs in your free time
- Other not be mentioned above.
WHY TRAVEL WITH YESD?
We give local people employment, income and learning opportunities so they are directly involved in your tourism experience. Our guides and hosts will give you a special insight into culture and life in Vietnam.
We aim to minimise the negative impacts of tourism on the environment and the local community while contributing positively to local economies. We don’t just talk responsible tourism, we act!
Tours that translate
10% of all profits from our tours go towards a community fund. This money allows us to make infrastructure improvements and provide other important resources to those in need.
READY TO MAKE A POSITIVE IMPACT?
Select your preferred start date, fill out the form, and we’ll get back to you soon!